The All England Club, Wimbledon, unveils details for The Championships 2014
In a recent press release, All England Club, Wimbledon has revealed details of 2014 championship to be played between Monday 23 June – Sunday 6 July, 2014. The Championships will be played on 17 courts. Courts 14 and 15 will not be in play having been excavated as part of the Master Plan to allow the creation of additional space, which will provide accommodation for Ball Boys and Ball Girls, photographers and for an expanded 24-hour media restaurant from 2015.
Along other important announcement, Wimbledon has increased prize money by £2.4m, or 10.8%, over 2013. In India, the live coverage will be provided by Star Sports India and for the first time Stella Artois as Official Beer of The Championships.
- Wild cards announced: from Monday 9 June.
- Qualifying event: Monday 16 – Thursday 19 June, Bank of England Sports Club.
- Seedings announced: Wednesday 18 June, at 10.00am.
- The draw: Friday 20 June, 10.00am in the Main Interview Room.
- ATP/WTA Player Interviews: Saturday 21 June, players and timings tbc.
- Champions’ interviews: Sunday 22 June, Marion Bartoli (11.30am), Andy Murray (12 noon).
- The Championships 2014: Monday 23 June – Sunday 6 July.
The Club has continued its work on the Wimbledon Master Plan. The tunnel under Somerset Road has been completed as has the creation of new space beneath Courts 14 and 15. These courts have been re-laid for use in 2015. Watch a time-lapse of the construction below.